St. Louis LDA is an equal opportunity employer seeking experienced and talented professionals for full-time and part-time positions.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE. We are unable to acknowledge receipt of your resume and will not be accepting phone calls regarding this job.Should you be chosen for an interview, we will contact you. Thank you for your understanding.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and professional references to:
St. Louis Learning Disabilities Association, 13537 Barrett Pkwy Dr STE 110, Ballwin, MO 63021
St. Louis LDA seeks a motivated certified special educator for one-on-one tutoring. Tutoring occurs at the St. Louis LDA office in Ballwin and at various schools and offsite locations. LD Specialists are asked to work 2 to 4 evenings per week (flexible after school hours). Additional assignments may also be available during the school day.
All tutoring is conducted on a one to one basis with customization for each child. Special educators with experience or additional training in reading, written expression, higher-level math, ACT/SAT Prep, Study Skills/Organization, and Speech/Language Services are encouraged to apply.
- – Degree and certification in Special Education or Speech and Language Pathology
- – Minimum 3 to 5 years classroom experience
- – Ability to work with children of various ages
- – Excellent written and oral communication skills
- – Strict attention to detail
- – Team player
- – Strong problem solving skills
- – Provide academic support to children struggling in the classroom
- – Provide organizational and time management strategies
- – Provide feedback and support to parents and families
- – Communicate quickly and effectively as needed or requested
- – Prepare monthly progress reports
St. Louis LDA is in search of a motivated, experienced special education learning specialist to interact with children, parents and teachers as an Educational Consultant.
- – Strong background in IDEA and MO DESE policies
- – Great communication skills
- – Intense knowledge of diagnostics and IEP development
- – Experience with a wide range of children diagnosed with atypical learning issues
- – Student observations
- – Parent/school meetings regarding programming
- – Advocacy on behalf of students and families
- – Parent/teacher consultation, trainings and workshops
- – Individualized tutoring in a one-on-one setting
- – Summer programming/classes for students in a small group environment
Note: A degree and certification in Special Education is a firm requirement.
This could be a full-time or part-time position depending on current needs. Please note that some evening and weekend hours may be required. Salary will be commensurate with skill level.
St. Louis LDA is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping children by giving them the education and support necessary to be successful.
To Apply – Please submit a cover letter, resume and professional references to: St. Louis Learning Disabilities Association 13537 Barrett Parkway Dr, STE 110 Ballwin, MO 63021 -or- email@example.com NO phone calls please.